Secrets Aura Cozumel
Located on the beautiful Island of Cozumel, Mexico this 266 room 4-star resort sits on a beautiful soft sand beach. The resort offers 5 a la carte restaurants and one buffet but one of the perks of this adults only all inclusive resort is that it sits right next to a sister property, Sunscape Sabor Cozumel, and guests at Secrets have full access to all amenities at Sunscape. This adds an additional 3 ala cart and one additional buffet. The resort offers 4 pools. The main pool has a lazy river and is ocean front, one pool is reserved for preferred club guests only, plus you have the 3 additional pools at Sunscape next door you can enjoy. Keep in mind Sunscape is a family resort, so if you are looking for an adult only experience you may not want to utilize the Sunscape amenities.
When we first arrived we were greeted in the lobby with a glass of champagne. We booked a preferred club room so we were taken to the preferred club check-in desk. The check-in service was smooth and easy and the pool outside the preferred club had a foam party going on. This was a huge bubble machine over the pool and dance music playing from speakers, getting everyone in a very festive mood.
View of resort from the rooftop bar
This resort is older but the rooms seem to be well maintained. Each room has a furnished private balcony or terrace and has a marble bathroom with a large soaking tub and big walk-in shower. The mini bars come stocked with beer, juice, water, and sodas. If you get a first-floor room along the main pool it is a true swim out room, meaning you can go straight from your terrace directly into the pool. Bar service is not available on the terrace of your swim out though, as it is not accessible by the bar staff. If you book a first-floor room on the preferred side it is not a swim out, however you are only steps away from the pool.
View of a swim out room terrace:
Some of the extra perks you can expect at this resort include the free snorkeling, kayaking, and paddleboarding. They also have archery classes and a target shooting class. The rooftop bar offers great ocean views and the resort brings in local vendors at least one night a week so that if you want to shop for souvenirs you don’t even have to leave the resort. Sunscape next door has a great little beach bar with swings instead of seats.
Fire show on the beach
The resort has a cute courtyard area with a couple shops and a 24-hour coffee shop
- No wristbands
- Sister property next door to enjoy
- Adult only (18 and up)
- Friendly staff
- Spacious rooms with furnished balcony or terrace
- Nightly entertainment
- Close to major airport (20 minutes)
- Free water activities (snorkeling, paddle boards, kayaks)
- Older resort
- The ocean is very rocky in parts and only a small portion is easily swimmable
- No elevators to rooms
- Tip the servers or bartenders, tips are not required but I feel you get better service. It was recommended to me that tipping $1.00 for the first round, for a group of 2 – 4 people, and then every other round after that is sufficient. Large groups will want to tip a bit more depending on the size of your group.
- Check out some of the nightly entertainment, especially the fire show on the beach
- Snorkeling under the pier, you will see a large variety of colorful fish. Talk to the water sports attendant for tips on where the best snorkeling spots are and what to watch out for.
- Bring a travel cup with a straw. The bartenders are happy to pour your drinks into the glass you provide. This is an environmentally friendly resort and they are doing away with plastic straws.