Located just 25 minutes from the Cancun airport this 433 room Adults only (18 years +) all-inclusive resort is modern and sophisticated. With 8 pools, 9 restaurants (7 a la carte, 1-day time grill near the pool, and one buffet), 8 bars (one reserved for preferred club guests only), a 24-hour coffee shop. and a private beach there is really no need to leave the resort. Each room offers one king or two double beds, Jacuzzi for two, flat screen television, large walk-in shower with rain shower head, free WIFI, and a furnished balcony or patio. Swim out suites are available but are not true “swim outs”. You will have a grassy area between your patio and the pool. The plus side of the swim outs is that you will have two deluxe lounging chairs with your room and these can be hard to come by if you are not out at the pool by 9 am. Bar service is available throughout the entire resort and wait staff will service all swim out rooms.
Like many resorts, this one offers the choice to upgrade to their Preferred Club. Perks of this include priority check-in, slightly larger rooms with better views, access to a private pool (for preferred guests only, however, I did not notice them checking to see if anyone was a preferred guest or not) and access to the preferred club lounge which offers hot and cold snacks, desserts, fine liquors, and more. Preferred club guests also receive $200 in resort coupons but these are not of much use unless you want to purchase a premium wine or a romantic dinner on the beach.
Some extra fun perks at this resort include poolside outdoor movies (with popcorn), guided bike tours, scuba lessons, water bike aerobics, special vendors nights, and nightly entertainment. Rooms also come with room service boxes set in the wall. This allows room service to bring your meals without having to enter your room. The entertainment staff here is awesome and they schedule a lot of activities throughout the day. Martini classes, Tequila tastings, bingo, beach and pool volleyball to name a few.
This resort also offers over the pool cabana suites. They come with your own private whirlpool on the deck, a private pool, and oceanfront views.
- No wristbands
- Beachfront resort
- Adult-only resort (minimum guest age is 18); mostly couples
- Friendly staff
- Spacious rooms with whirlpool tubs, separate showers, and balconies
- Stocked minibars, flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and free Wi-Fi
- nine restaurants; ala carte restaurants will make meals based on your dietary needs
- Fitness center; yoga, Zumba, water aerobics, volleyball, putting green, and a tennis court
- Beautiful spa and salon with a variety of treatments (for an extra fee)
- Nightly music and entertainment;
- Weddings possible
- Close to major airport- 20 to 25 minutes
- Lots of seaweed
- Small beach; the ocean is rocky in parts and not very swimmable
- Make friends with the pool concierge and tip well. Guests tend to go out early and put towels and items on chairs to reserve them. The pool concierge will help you find chairs and even move them to the area you prefer.
- Gratuities are included but you should tip the wait staff at the pools and beach. Most people tip $1.00 on the first round and then every other round after that. It is not required but appreciated and you will get excellent service.
- This resort is Rainforest Alliance Certified so it’s environmentally-friendly. Straws are not provided. If you enjoy a straw with your drinks I recommend you bring a reusable cup with a straw from home. The bartenders are happy to make your drinks in your own glass or you can pour your drink into it.
- If you are looking for a short excursion Puerto Morelos is only a few miles away. Cute fishing village with lots of shopping and great photo opportunities. The hotel can arrange a taxi for you or if you are up for a long walk on the beach the staff can point you in the right direction.
- Save your spa day for a rainy day or for when you need a break from the sun. Spa hydrotherapy pool is covered and offers plenty of shade.